Global Entrepreneurship Week
Save the Date: GEW 2024 - Nov. 18-24
Global Entrepreneurship Week is Penn State's yearly celebration of the innovation achieved when members of the University and the local entrepreneurial communities come together. The weeklong event features free in-person and virtual events geared toward entrepreneurs, students, local startups, innovators, and anyone interested in exploring their potential.
- Success Strategies
- Goal Setting
- Identifying Opportunities
- International Sales
- Creativity and Focus
2023 Events Archive
Cybersecurity for Small Business Conference
An informative conference designed to arm small businesses with the knowledge to defend themselves against potential cyberattacks. Participants will hear from speakers with backgrounds in law enforcement, information security risk and organizational security, who have extensive experience in cybersecurity.
- Keynote Address: "Law Enforcement Response to Emergent Cybersecurity Challenges" with Scott Price, Chief of Police, Bloomsburg Police Department
- Session I: Achieving Zero Trust Within Retail (Redner’s Markets)
- Session II: PCI DSS – What is it? Why Should You Care?
- Session III: Social Engineering – Why Human Weakness May be the Biggest Threat to Your Small Business
Food-Preneurs (Presented in Spanish)
Some of the best restaurant leaders from the Hazleton area convene for a culinary conversation about challenges and opportunities. It will be a unique opportunity to discover the secrets behind the most delicious dishes and get up close and personal with the talented professionals who create them.
- Domingo Adames, Adames Bakery
- Jhoana Concepcion, La Tia Empanada
- Roberto Casado, Antojitos Dominicanos
- Gregoria Minyetti, Cafe Colao
Social Passion as a Business with Illyan Hernández (Presented in Spanish)
If you are interested in entrepreneurship and want to learn more about the positive impact that immigrants can have in the business world, this talk is for you. Illyan Hernández will share her experience and knowledge on how to harness the skills and talents of immigrants to create successful and socially responsible businesses
Tequi-preneur with Nayana Ferguson
Nayana Ferguson is co-founder of Anteel Tequila, a 17-year pancreatic cancer survivor and 11-year breast cancer survivor. She will share her story of defying the odds and breaking barriers in the spirits industry, as well as her experiences as a business coach, consultant, life coach, and public speaker. She will also shed light on her recent advocacy work, including her appearance in front of Congress to champion pancreatic cancer research funding.
Local Digital Creators (Presented in Spanish)
Join a panel of professionals from the Hazleton area television and radio industries as they describe their creative process and share their experiences.
- Manuel Calderon, owner of 911 informativo
- Luis Perez, owner of HOLA Radio
- Anderson TV, owner Hazleton TV HD
- Rickelvi Encarnacion, producer of Sin Freno Radio Show
- DJ Edwin, DJ and entertainer
Women in B-STEAM (Presented in English & Spanish)
Get ready for an exciting event in the world of business and STEAM! This talk will bring together talented women who are changing the game in the fields of entrepreneurship, science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. From panel discussions to inspiring talks, this event promises to be a source of inspiration and learning.
- Shannon Morales, Founder of Tribaja
- Michele Heyward, Founder of PositiveHire
- Keila Neris
- Ashley Morales
2022 Event Archive
How to Select a Tutor for Your Children While You Are an Entrepreneur with Yanna Yamely Guzman Abreu (Presented in Spanish)
Educator and strategist Yanna Yamely Guzman Abreu shared tips for finding the right support for parents while they are beginning to develop their business or product. This webinar was offered in Spanish only.
Enrichment - A Success Strategies Business Seminar with Lex Sloot
In addition to being an author and successful business person, Lex Sloot is a classically-trained pianist and an inventor who holds more than 40 U.S. patents. He has a degree in printing, marketing and communications, and has many years of successful manufacturing, publishing, real estate development and business experience, both in South Africa and the U.S. He is the author of two books: The Tools to XEL and Viability - The Essence of Existence.
- Attendees of this in-person workshop were taught about goal setting, preparation, creativity, focus, and persistence, as well as dealing with adversity and setbacks, how to turn crises into opportunities, successful philosophies for enrichment, new horizons based on positive expectations, and how to increase your value to others.
How to Develop Personal Brand and Reputation of an Entrepreneur with Julia Távarez (Presented in Spanish)
Julia Távarez, an attorney and media professional, shared strategies for creating branding as an entrepreneur. Távarez has extensive experience in business and institutional strategic communication management, public relations and press management with 14 years of experience. As a lawyer she has developed her practice in commercial and corporate law. This webinar was presented in Spanish only.
Interested in learning more about us?